General Facility Use Guidelines
- Permission to use Library facilities does not constitute endorsement of the beliefs or ideas expressed by organizations or individuals using the facility by the Library, staff or Peabody Township. Meetings will not be publicized in a manner that suggests Library sponsorship or affiliation.
- Facility use may be requested only by a Responsible Party over the age of 18. The Responsible Party agrees to ensure that Library policy will be followed and accepts financial responsibility for any charges incurred by the group for damage caused to the building or equipment beyond normal wear.
- The Responsible Party must check in with staff before and after an event. Library staff must be notified in advance of cancelations. Failure to notify Library staff in advance may disqualify the user from future use of the facility.
- Smoking, drugs and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the Library
- Users are responsible for complying withal Library rules, for clean-up, and for any damage to the facility, its grounds or contents.
- The Library does not assume liability for damage to or loss of personal property, or for any personal injury, which occurs as a result of the actions of the sponsors or participants in meetings scheduled at the Library.
- Peabody Township Library facilities and ground may not be used for activities deemed inappropriate by the Library Director. Exceptions to the guidelines of this policy may be granted by special permission of the Library Director.
- A small kitchen area is available adjacent to the meeting room. Users are responsible for cleanup and for any damages.
- The Library is not responsible for any damage to users’ equipment. Library staff will explain the proper use of Library equipment before it is operated by non-staff users. Library equipment may not be used in the following ways: a) harassment of others, b) violation of Federal or State law, c) unauthorized duplication of protected software or licensing agreements, d) destruction, damage to, or unauthorized alteration of the Library’s equipment, e) any unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of any personal identification information regarding minors, f) accessing child pornography, Display of pornographic images in public view in the Library is prohibited and my result in loss of library privileges and possible civil or criminal penalties.
- Videos and films may be used for public programs and in scheduled private meetings but must have public performance rights.
- Spaces in the Library (with the exception of staff work areas) may be used for events and meeting during hours when the Library is not open to the general public on a limited basis by reservation and for a fee. All after-hours events must be approved in advance by the Library Director and supervised by Library Staff or other supervisors approved by the Library Director. Scheduling after-hours events is dependent upon availability of an individual approved to supervise.
This After-Hours Facility Use Agreement must be approved by the Library Director and all fees must be paid before a reservation is considered confirmed. Payment in full is due within 30 days of confirming a reservation for any advance booking. The Responsible Party is liable for full rental fees unless a written notice to change or cancel confirmed reservations is received by the library at least 48 Hours in advance of a confirmed date.
I understand that a responsible party must provide a current and active Library Card from Peabody Township Library to gain access to the facility. I have read the regulations (available by request and I responsible for observing those regulations while at Peabody Township Library. If approved, I will not publicize my meeting in a manner that suggests Library sponsorship or affiliation.